Friday, October 3, 2014

Chicken Taco Chili

I follow a variety of other blogs, one is a momma to adorable twin girls, but she also shares a lot of awesome recipes.
With fall right around the corner she posted a crock pot recipe. I was ALL over this one! Not to mention it would go nicely with the avocados from our tree.
She calls it a soup. I would call it more like a chili/soup/stew. But whatever you want to classify it as it is DELICIOUS!

bowl Pottery Barn-Emma collection


Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili - from/adapted 3 Ladies and their Gent

1 LB boneless skinless chicken
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15oz) can corn, drained and rinsed
2 (15oz) can diced tomatoes (this I had 1 Italian variety on hand, the other was plain)
1 (10oz) can RoTel (again you can get creative with the variety)
1 (15oz) can chicken broth
1 packet dry ranch salad seasoning mix
1 packet taco seasoning
Toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado (all optional, but HIGHLY recommended) 

1. Throw EVERYTHING in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. When you get home take folks or tongs to shred the chicken.

2. Serve and enjoy with accouterments from above

SO SO SO Good! It will be on the regular menu rotation from now on. 
I threw my chicken breast in there from the freezer and it was perfect.  Like I noted with the diced tomatoes, there are a lot of varieties out there with flavor on these, so get creative. Also the ranch seasoning packet had a "spicy" version I may try next time. Same with the beans, throw any of our 3 favorite together, she has originally done pinto beans, I swapped them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment