Monday, September 15, 2014

Home: Shelf Project

While looking at houses I kept eyeballing the walls in the living room area to see if I could put my picture photo wall on it.

This house, our HOME, has a circular kitchen and beautiful large wall!!! We are still working on finishing the bedrooms, but enough was enough and I wanted my photo wall and to start unpacking.

A few weekends ago Mom came over and helped paint the trim and baseboards, while Josh worked on patching the crown molding and finish hanging the doors. I had my shelf project!

Ikea and Pottery Barn sell shelves similar to what I made, but in short lengths and very pricey for a 2 foot piece! I needed/wanted 8-6 foot pieces. The wall measured 8 feet long, so 6 foot shelves it was!

We went to Lowe's and I got 6 foot 1X4 pieces of wood, 2 per each shelf. We also got 1" square rods (that came in 3ft lengths) so 2 per shelf again.
I have 3 shelves total.

The wall (ignore all the patched holes and dirty wall, we haven't painted these rooms yet)

They are hung!!! My mom and Josh put these up with my directions. 
They are 18 inches apart

Side View

Loaded up!

I posted the above picture on my Instagram and Facebok page and everyone LOVES them.. So do I!!!! You have any idea how many times I've rearranged the damn wall though??? I keep finding new pictures to add and more I want to add, but clearly I am out of room! I need these on every wall in the house I think!! 
I have made the decision (haven't told Josh yet- he may kill me) to add some more 2 foot length to the wall at the end of the hallway, with a shorter distance between them. 
I'm also going to make a "variety" of the same shelf for Baby L's room, for it's books. Baby already has quiet the collection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment