Monday, August 5, 2013

August BirchBox for Man

Josh's August Birchbox came in, which for starters was super quick!!!
This month's theme was "Serve it Up" How to cook in stlye and be more confident with it.

Info card side 1

Info card side 2
Mt. Sapola: Full Size $8 
A preservative-free soap powered by a natural antiseptic lemongrass
 
 
English Laundry- Arrogant: Full Size $52-64
A strong masculine aroma with notes of sandalwood, cedar, and sheer musk
 
This smells fantastic!! Aside from the (high) price on the full size we may still consider buying it. It is a sheer manly smell, but not a gross manly smell. It is manly and subtle, and not floral at all!

Plant: Full Size $40
Essential oils that nourish and brighten skin

Josh tried this and said it smells very spicy, like Indian spices. He said it felt good too

 Raw Material: Full Size $5-9
Mini face stick. Mess-proof UVA/UVB protection that soothes skin with aloe and coconut oil
Rub against skin before exposure to sun, wind, cold...etc
 
Roosevelt Supply
Canvas Apron- $28
 
This is totally awesome and totally manly to cook in. It doesn't have those cutesy sayings or phrases on it which makes its great and a man would actually WANT to wear it. This is also from the same company that made the leather wallet from the previous box. Josh has been trying to help out with some of the cooking lately, and this will be great for him to wear while making dinner. Not to mention it's kind of sexy ;-) It reminds me of the old aprons that blacksmiths would wear while working. This was worth the $20 box subscription charge.
 
 
Josh's Perspective:
I didn't know Katie had got another box fort me. Luckily, since I've been wanting to help around with the cooking more, this box helps with little tips and a kick ass apron. The one thing that did surprise me was how good the English Laundry cologne smelled. It smelled like, well, me. The other stuff I hadn't gotten around to really try yet because I've never had to use a face stick or the face oil just because I think my face is oily enough.
Also, from the previous box, I did try some of the energizing face scrub. That will perk up your mornings for you. I've also tried the shampoo that's supposed to thicken your thinning hair. I'm guessing I need a full size to see the effects of it, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment