Saturday, February 16, 2013

Daddy- Daughter Dance

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a "father-daughter" dance song. My dad and I don't have the typical father-daughter relationship. There is no "lovey dovey-ness" between us. So the typical sappy songs just don't fit.

I have a few in mind, but they all have a "problem":

1. Danny Boy (Irish Song): It's traditionally for funerals

2. Pride and Joy- Stevie Ray Vaughn: great song, I love the blues-y feel. However part of the lyrics are "I'll be her little lover boy". If I don't use it for father-daughter, Josh and I defiantly will be dancing to it. We both love the song, and he's a HUGE Stevie Ray Vaughn fan.

3. Wherever you will go- The Calling or Charlene Soeaia: I love the lyrics of this song, its more meant for a husband or wife that loses the other, but I think it can translate to father daughter. However, Josh HATES the band The Calling, and they do a little more rock and roll than I would like. Charlene is a woman and I would prefer to have a male sing it. Now in writing this I found and acoustic version by a male singer, that I am totally digging!


2 comments:

  1. http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=JJCCMFNU

    Hey Katie:
    Listen to this song. It is called "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman
    Hugs,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike says try Bob Carlisle "Butterfly Kisses". Google on Youtube

    ReplyDelete